1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

History Budget

Discussion in 'History' started by 861, Feb 23, 2012.

1. 861

Hi I am an NQT and I am responsible for History! I have just been told I have £1,500 to spend by tomorrow afternoon!! I have about £600 sorted for coaches etc.
    What should I spend the other £900 on? Anyone know any good resources? Please help!!

Thanks

2. First of all... lucky you! I would look at your GCSE spec and buy some textbooks as these can be quite expensive - can be £10-£15 per book and if you need a class set that really adds up.
    Heinemann, Folens, Hodder are all good publishers to start with, and some exam boards will recommend certain publishers via their website. Phillip Allan Updates is another good place to start - they have workbooks, revision aids etc for students. They also run workshops for students and with that money you could identify some students for extra support and pay to take them!
    You could also buy online resources, many publishers do subscriptions for resources online for interactive whiteboards, practise exam questions, G&T and SEN activities etc. Perhaps some marking aids like stickers, stamps, anything to make life a little bit easier for you?
    Hope that helps!!!

3. AdmiralNelson

AdmiralNelson New commenter

History DVDs relevant to the ages/courses you teach, plus (as said above) online resources.