1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

History and Geography TLR Application Letter

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by banoffeepie11, May 22, 2012.

1. banoffeepie11

banoffeepie11 New commenter

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone has a copy of a successful TLR application letter that I could adapt for a History and Georgraphy TLR in my primary school.
    I have some ideas of what to include but would appreciate someone elses successful letter to compare it too. Or even adapt if mine is way off base.
    Thanks,
    Gavin
    gavinmcinerney1@hotmail.com

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Never 'adapt' someone else's letter. Apart from being highly unprofessional (and potentially misconduct), you really, really ought to be able to write your own, you know.
    By the way - giving your email address is also a very bad idea. Not only does it open you up to the 'bots' that can flood you with unwanted emails, it allows people who might be interviewing you - who may well use TES - to see that you can't even write a letter of application for a TLR post.
    I see you're a Year 4 teacher in a school in Newham...

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Are you aware, Gavin, that some schools and Local Authorities use the same software as used by UCAS, to identify similarities between applications?
    And then reject those?
    So NOT a good idea!
    You need to have your own views on what it is that makes a successful leader in these subjects, as it is you who will be leading. And for general hints on writing applications, come to the JobSeekers Forum and open the Welcome thread.
    We give lots of tips on the Forum - but we don't write applications for you, nor share them, nor give answers to interview questions!
    Best wishes