1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

History and Enterprise

Discussion in 'History' started by mystique_scarlet2006, Jan 28, 2012.

1. I am the PSHCE and Enterprise Co-Ordinator for an 11-16 all girls school in a deprive suburb of Birmingham
    As part of my role, my SMT has asked me to run and co-ordinate an Enterprise Week across the whole school. The main aim would be to promote Enterprise opportunities as well as making links between Enterprise and curriculum based subjects.
    I was just wondering if anyone had any creative or unusual ideas of links I could make between Enterprise and History as part of a lesson? I am hoping to provide some suggested lesson ideas that teachers could use through the week, and any ideas would be GREATLY appreicated!!!!

2. Our school is a Business and Enterprise college and we have an enterprise day every year. Each dept has to do something with an enterprise theme so we run a historical market. Students are split into three groups and each make products to sell based on a theme - e.g. Native Americans, Medieval, Roman etc. Each group has a budget and they have to buy materials and then make the money back when they sell the products in the market. Obviously we give out paper money, and they are not supposed to buy from their own stall. We then give out prizes for the best product, best advertising and most profit. Hope that might help you!!