1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hippo holidays

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by the hippo, Jul 6, 2011.

1. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

My exit visa has finally arrived and tomorrow night I shall be flying off to Bulgaria. Mrs Hippo returns from her sojourn in the Crimea in the middle of July. To everyone who has sent me PMs and e-mails in the last few weeks, I wish you all good luck with your job applications and, if you've got one, with your new job in September. Unfortunately our house in the mountains does not have the Internet, so do not be surprised or offended if I take a while to reply to any messages.
    Recently I have had a look at some of the postings on the "jobseekers" forum. It's grim. Who would want to be a teacher in the UK at the moment?

2. Hope you and Mrs Hippo enjoy your holidays in Bulgaria. I'm off to start my new adventure next week. It will beat being on supply that is for sure. Happy holidays :)

3. moscowbore

moscowbore Occasional commenter

Have a good hol hippo. I too shall be leaving sunny Qatar soon to enjoy the western isles of scotland, top notch whisky and pig every single day.

4. SMT dude

SMT dude New commenter

Happy holidays ol' fella, enjoy the mountains.

5. orangepatriot

orangepatriot New commenter

Happy Hols Hippo!
    Owe you a cold one at some point in Doha. See you there!

6. Hey Hippo, have a great holiday and thanks for being one of the really helpful guys on this forum. It has been appreciated!! Enjoy the break!

7. Thanks for your advice
    Have a great holiday

8. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

Happy Holidays Hippo! No better feeling than the start of a long break. Never been to the rural areas in Bulgaria, just Sofia but I'm sure it is very beautiful. Enjoy!