1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hindu Weddings

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by Angelateach, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Desperate!!!!! HMI inspectors in next week need a really good lesson on Hindu Weddngs, levels etc top set year 9 HELP please !!!!!!!!

2. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Check with RE Today. I'm away for a few days - Mother-in-Law's 90th Birthday celebrations - we've come to EuroDisney which is my son's crazy idea but working out well. (Just came online to upload the latest blog to my resources.)

The only thing I managed to bring regarding work is the 'Relationships' resource from REToday and it does mention Hindu weddings but I'm sure they will have more. They speak of seven steps. I've seen where the couple walk round the sacred fire seven times. The groom makes seven vows or promises, the wife only one - that this partner will be her husband for this lifetime - basically 'till death do us part.' Will look on internet and quiz mother in law if time later.

Must go. We want to catch the horse and trap ride this morning and it finishes at 10 as the crowds get too busy then. It's already 9.30 here and the rest of the family have set out.

I hope to catch up on the threads later - we've only got internet for the day. I could write lots on this one as I had one and I've been to several.

Missing you all. Best wishes and love.

in haste - DMC

3. veni_vidi

veni_vidi New commenter

I will have a look when i get home, but i did one (not an excellent one by any means!), in which they had to choose one of the seven steps and give reasons for why they thought it was the most important. We then did a mock wedding for which i had a sari and the man's head dress, then i had a stone and a picture of a sacred fire, they had to walk round. Bottom set yr 8 loved it.
    If you want to PM me your email, i'll send you what i have.
    Veni

4. thank you so much been so busy stressing only just looked at this. My email is angelateach@hotmail.co.uk even if its not in time I would still like to improve on current resources.

thanks once again

Angela