1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hillside First School....How?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by eggnchips, Jan 26, 2012.

1. How has this gone on for so long unnoticed?

2. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

The shocking thing is that it did not go unnoticed - it was noticed but nothing was done!

3. Bloody hell! That is absolutely disgraceful!

4. Ruthie66

Ruthie66 New commenter

couldn't agree more. Unbelievable.

5. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

Utterly shocking and I hope that all senior management etc in that school that were privy to this information and did nothing are held accountable too.

6. How do we know they were privvy to the information?
    They may have suspected he was a bit odd, but how would they know that he was a paedophile? Its incredibly hard to report somebody for something and you need masses and masses of evidence (from a large amount of people) to get somebody suspended. Granted if they had, this would probably have all come out sooner, but without actually seeing him commiting these offence how would they know he wasn't just an 'oddball'?
    (I've not read the news article in greate detail so feel free to say if im wrong!)

7. I take it back after reading this!
    "The serious case review, commissioned by North Somerset Safeguarding Children Board, said the incidents in the school management report ranged from indecent touching to inappropriate lesson content and over-familiarity with children."

8. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

I'd read that impulce - that's the shocking part to me. I know there are paedophiles and that some become teachers but I wasn't aware that a school could fail to react when given the sort of information they were.