1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hilfe!? Advice sought for German lesson observation with top set year 10

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Ostpreussen, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Wonder if anyone can help out!?
    I have a per. management observation with a top set year 10 on Monday focusing on gifted and talented.
    We have been doing Sport and Fitness as a topic and we have just done work on the imperfect subjunctive and the conditional before that.
    My line manager has told me that I need to incoporate something "new" into their learning and there will need to be progress shown. there are 7 G& T pupils in the class.
    Any ideas? Ideally I would like to incorporate some roleplays into the observation.
    Any ideas would be most welcome as I am panicking somewhat and hate being observed!
    vielen Dank,
    Ostpreussen

2. Why not focus on questions and the outcome could be an interview with a famous sportsperson about healthy living/sports etc. For a practice activity you could do a blind date set up where they ask each other questions and then when you ring the bell they move on to the next person. You give them a chart to rate each other on their range of questions and conversely on the quality of language in the answers.