1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

hilarious suggestion from dh to moi, a teacher to do cover till i leave

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by freshfriesan, May 20, 2011.

1. Hear this, i am leaving my job this term, and have just come back from a 3 month absence, also the hod recently came back from maternity, so she was doing my tt till ireturned... anyways, the div dh came to me the other day asking if i wanted to do cover for the rest of term, and let the hod teach my classes since they were to be a cover supervisor down.. this dh has always tried to make me feel small, and this is clearly his final stab at doing so, ie undermining my position as a teacher.... the hilarious other thing is is that he didnt consult the brilliant hod about this, and she was none too happy at not being asked herself, but since the world revolves round her she told me no, it wasnt him being undermining with me, more so him being under hand with her.....
    see, iv just come back ,and the ht wants hod to be with me for ks4 lessons, which i can just about stomach funny tho, coz she was doing a nice line in lecture over board works, and the kids were all whispering, when are you gonna teach us agian?

ha ha, one more thing, i sen her an email detailing me taking responsibilty for my classes, and the lessons she had remaining to teach, she didnt read it properly , and tried to make me feel like i was the one in the wrong......errrr, no love, not me , you, read it properly , pretty crystal clear to me now that this person did indeed feel a lil threatened by my and has disarmed me, ah well, mebbe ill do some sh stirring as a leaving pressie

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

This has got to be a wind up. You sound about 14.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I thought that, but if not then, ifI was your HOD/DH/ HT I think I'd be pleased to see the back of you.

4. Agreed- you don't sound at all adult or professional about your workplace problem. Your other posts seem to be the same. Your last line about threatening to do some 'sh stirring as a leaving pressie' makes me wonder if your colleagues are in fact quite right to be wary of you and your approach to team work. Your HOD has tried to make you feel better by telling you outright that the head is NOT trying to undermine you, but you take this as evidence as her trying to make the 'whole world revolve around her'. Do you want to be undermined, or something?? Act like a professional! for goodness sake - this post makes you sound ridiculous!!

5. I personally believe we should all share more stream-of-consciousness writing on these forums. It never did James Joyce any harm.

6. http://www.teachingideas.co.uk/english/streamofconsciousness.htm
    there ya go!!! i wuz outa da loop 4 a wile an daynt av mutch contact wiv de owtsoid wold, cmon now folks, why yiz bein so serious? can yiz not jus tell dat dis is a person at de end of der tether perhaps sum1 hoo is actually quite talented, but has prolly just been kept down by peeps with npd
    aw man yous av really upset me now, so ye wudnt employ me den? praps i jus been readin too much irvine welsh in me absence from work, troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll!!!

7. Good start, now leave out the punctuation and paragraphs and get yourself a publisher:
    It's sad if you have been upset by things at work, but from what you wrote you are going to leave anyway, so it's all academic. Put it behind you and get that novel written.

8. exit interviews / exposing people / sh stirring, honesty without fear having nothing to lose? "wary of me and approach to team work," im just a little bit confused by this statement too, nd no, she wasnt tring to make me feel better at all, trust me, ive worked with her too long now, and seen her reactions to not being consulted and informed about little things by lg, so thanks for the support mate, but she found it underhand on her own part tat she wasnt asked if she wanted to teach my timetable till the end of term..... but anyways, its all onwards and hopefully upwards from here... funny, see as im doing my letters of app for new jobs, and im elaborating on what i have achieved over the past 6 years, theres a fair bit of team work.... right, this is a forum too? yep? relaxed maybe? sorry if ye dont like my style, but surely as yev sat in a staff room or been in convo with others, sure they mylet off steam/ *** or what ever in an extremely non professional way? Ja? ive heard so many awful things said about members of me own dept, (y ' know, while theres an audience like, and tellings off and humiliation and stuff) and other members of staff its actually making me shiver the thoughts of it

9. reg1950

reg1950 New commenter

No-one understands what you are talking about freshfriesan. Why not grow up a bit first.

10. Reg: marks lost for making sweeping statements.
    It doesn't take much insight to ascertain from the posts someone annoyed sh1tless at the way they've been tret.
    That's what they're talking about. That and having been made ill by it all.
    If you've never been driven to the point of incoherence by stupid people in positions of authority you have indeed been blessed.

11. phlogiston

phlogiston Lead commenter

Can I see if I can summarise your position accurately. I'm feeling a bit dim at the moment.
    I would be inclined to take the opportunity to enjoy the summer evenings with little responsibility.I get the feeling you could use this time more imaginatively than I would.
    When I returned to work after a long period off I was happy to have reduced responsibilities.
    As you may be dependent on your current school for references and the like, I would be inclined to get on with things quietly and ensure that their last memories of you are happy ones.
    Hope things go well.
    P