1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hiding children...out of class.

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by sandy shaw, Oct 15, 2019.

1. sandy shaw

sandy shaw New commenter

Is it ethical for a school to keep a child out of class all day during an ofsted inspection, working with an adult.
    This is not the child's normal timetable. However, the school /teacher may feel that the child will not behave well. I am just interested in your thoughts on this matter. The child in question was not given a change to misbehave but immediately split from peers.

2. neddyfonk

neddyfonk Lead commenter

It is not ethical - it is gaming the system.. A friend of a friend informed me of a school where a number of 'difficult' pupils were taught off site for two days while an Ofsted inspection was in progress.

3. sandy shaw

sandy shaw New commenter

I know they're playing the system but I think it's wrong for children to be pulled put of class like this. They might as well tell them to stay at home. There wasn't even any proper teaching! Just baby sitting!

4. banjouk

banjouk Occasional commenter

If the schools gets caught doing this it will likely be deemed as inadequate.