1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hi, ned advice. Has anyone here purchased a sit standing height adjustable desk?

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by olivia_davis262, Dec 21, 2017.

1. olivia_davis262

olivia_davis262 New commenter

I found some variant on primecables.com and read that it can help to prevent pain in back and neck. Do you think it's worth? I mean it's $189.99 but some ordinary tables're on the same price range. I have problems with my neck. I already used IKEA neck support pillow but I stilll feel bad. How do you guys organize your workspace?

2. I spent around $500 on a full size standing desk with electric raising/lowering buttons.

Since I have a full time job, I also have a standing desk there.

I am much more productive on a standing desk, but it takes some getting used to. For me, it was my feet. They couldn't handle hours of standing at a time. But, now it's no problem and I've been standing regularly for a total of 5-6 years.

Also, it helps to put me in the zone for work. Standing at a desk=work. Sitting down=reading, thinking, or something non-productive. But, those are the habits I reinforced.