1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hi - hope you don't mind me doing some plugging!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by loretolady, Aug 1, 2010.

1. :D Bless you and thanks ... I certainly will!! :)

2. The main characters are twins - a boy and a girl ... my website gives you the lowdown on the plot x

3. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Pleas change your avatar!

4. Why?
    She isn't trying to be anonymous, that would defeat the object of plugging her book and website.
    Or are you just being rude?

5. Actually, as an Aspie, I like that avatar - keep it!
    I rarely look at faces because they are confusing. The avatar photo is unambiguous. A big friendly smile. I look at it and think....I like this person. They are nice. they are friendly.....Oh they have written a childrens book...I might like to read that!
    Of course, I may be mistaken. That may not be an honest photo! But I can only go on available evidence....so I trust loretolady....and will look up that book. ...I have a number of nieces and nephews who might enjoy it.

6. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Depersonalise. What nobody knows about you can't be used against you. S'all.

7. But Jacob, she is promoting herself and her new book. Linking to a website that does the same, with the same photo etc.
    Her transgression, according to the T+Cs, isn't being identifiable it is promoting her own commercial interest - and we've already told her we don't mind!

Just seemed a bit curmudgeonly of you, tbh.

8. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Sounds good - I like to read children's books sometimes and that one sounds like it has potential.

9. Eh??

10. Looks interesting... Hope you make some good money out of it.

What would be the point in not being identifiable when the op has clearly linked to a website all about her? The whole point of this thread was to provide publicity
    After all, it would be a rubbish plug if she had started a thread 'Buy my book... I can't tell you what it is or who I am as I want to remain anonymous'.

11. I suppose now we know Jacob recently took a tumble I suppose we should cut him some slack!
    Who knows, OP may have snuck up on him and pushed!

12. Now it is my turn to say eh?
    Anyway, it isn't forbidden to use your own photo or even your own name (hahaha, although since the tuba player, I bet TES are glad that most of us don't!)
    It would be a bit daft though, as already said to say "buy my book but sorry I can't let you know who I am".

13. He fell down the stairs at 6.50 am, off for a pee!
    Big bruise!
    Was that only yesterday? It will have come out a bit by now!

14. Ah, I missed that!
    I have a huge bruise on my foot - I dropped the bleeding toner cartridge on it at work, having spent half an hour trying to work out how to get the old one out and put the new one in (nobody in my dept knew!)

15. Oooch! That has to hurt at the weirdest of times!
    Arnica?
    And don't say no, Hewlett Packard, you know what I mean!

16. Yup, using Arnica.
    No Hew - a bleddy great huge RICOH thing the size of a giant's coffin.
    (sorry, OP, to diverte your thread with such trivialites - TES is like this sometimes!)

17. Sorry, OP.
    Write us into your next plot - modern day harpies, or similar!

18. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

I have read the synopsis. Is a dig fair return for a plug, could I ask?

19. Many thanks to everyone on this thread who has made a lovely comment - very much appreciated as you don't know me from Adam!! :D
    That IS me in the picture - taken of me May this year during my son's First Holy Communion ... I'm using the picture on my website and all author sites I'm a member of.
    I'm very new to the publishing and marketing world - if anyone who isn't friends & family buys my book I will be ecstatic!!

Thanks again everyone xx