1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hi everyone ...starting gtp sep

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by butterbeer, May 25, 2011.

1. Hi
    My top tip would be to relax BUT take the time to prep for the maths, ict and literacy tests if you feel any areas are really weak. I was weak on the old maths, but spent time doing the practice in the How to pass your maths QTS book over the summer. I booked the tests as soon as my number came through and got them out of the way in October. I would have struggled to get up to speed once I started teaching, so was glad I had worked ahead. I used the practice tests on the TDA website.
    My other top tip is for when you have started. Work out the dates for your assignments and then do them in the holiday before they are due in. This makes your term time workload much more manageable.
    Good luck!

2. Hi,
    I am also starting GTP in Hartlepool in Sept - anyone doing secondary? I would love some hints and tips.