1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

hi do you want your student to have chinese friends ?

Discussion in 'US – Staffroom' started by jyg2, Apr 19, 2018.

1. jyg2

jyg2 New commenter

do you want your student to have chinese friends ?

2. cellerdore

cellerdore Occasional commenter

Most people probably want their students to have good friends- do not think race really comes in to it.

3. snitzelvonkrumm

snitzelvonkrumm Occasional commenter

Yes please

ruthwill500 likes this.
  4. englishdragon

englishdragon Occasional commenter

This is a bizarre question -
    Of course. Any human nationality or culture are equally human.
    The richness of human diversity is a blessing for all of us. An adventure to experience. An opportunity to learn and grow.
    But there are much more pragmatic reasons.
    Frankly, within 50 years from now, perhaps still in my own lifetime (if I stop drinking alcohol, eating red meat, enjoying too much coffee and all those other bad things), China will be The Global Super Power. It is just demographics and economics and planning.
    The USA is doing her very best to tear herself apart right now. China is focused on 5, 10, 15 year planning and more. China is improving her education, environment, governance and tying up primary resources around the world. China works at making friends.
    Sadly, the USA is trapped in this latest version of exceptionalism - a Trumpian nightmare - and losing instead of winning friends and influence.
    I would strongly encourage every child to not only have Chinese friends, but to work very actively to learn Mandarin, and to strive to understand the basics of Chinese history and culture. This will be their ticket to career success in the future.

5. jyg2

jyg2 New commenter

can you help me ?

6. snitzelvonkrumm

snitzelvonkrumm Occasional commenter

Are you looking for Chinese friends for your child?
    Are your students Chinese and you are looking for non-Chinese friends online?
    I think our misinterpretation has been that you were questioning whether Chinese children would make good friends?

ruthwill500 likes this.
  7. jyg2

jyg2 New commenter

8. jyg2

jyg2 New commenter

how will you help me ?

9. jyg2

jyg2 New commenter

10. jyg2

jyg2 New commenter

[i have china student

11. jyg2

jyg2 New commenter

my student is chinese ,they need speak english ,your student study chinese and china student in internet

12. jyg2

jyg2 New commenter