1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Heston Blumenthal Ice Cream

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by nick909, Jun 22, 2011.

1. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

They've started selling it in Waitrose...not the bacon and egg one he's famous for, alas...
    Tried one so far...salted popcorn and caramel flavour - really really nice. Works extremely well.
    Next to try - chocolate and rosemary. Intrigued to say the least...will report back...
    The other one is a bit more off the wall - mustard flavour! Think it might be best as a condiment to roast beef or something - will get some in nonetheless.

2. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Thought perhaps you wanted to know where to lay your hands on some liquid nitrogen! [​IMG]
    Or perhaps you were going to make his meat pie and ice cream concoction?
    I can see chocolate and rosemary working quite well and salted popcorn and caramel sounds heavenly.
    Mustard ice cream...serve perhaps with a good quality pork pie?
    Very much like when people serve tomato sorbet as part of a starter.

3. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Well, I can confirm it's fantastic! Nipped out at lunchtime and bought some (as these things have an annoying habit of being trialled and then stopped due to lack of popularity) - it's been sitting in the freezer in the staffroom...and I'm bored on PPA time...and...well some just fell into my mouth...but I'll save the rest...and it's delicious...but...maybe one more spoonful...err...

As well as delicious - rich chocolate, with just the right balance of sweet and bitter, with a pronounced backnote of fresh rosemary - the quality of the ice cream is superb. Extremely smooth, with not a trace of an ice crystal.
    Really very good indeed.

4. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

I can see Mr EG having to make a dash to Waitrose...for my throat, you understand...and I'm pregnant so its only fair I give the baby some calcium...and as a foodie, I must sample these things...I wouldn't want to feel left out...did I mention my throat?