1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hermes

Discussion in 'Personal' started by InkyP, Nov 10, 2018.

1. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I was out today when I received a text and email from Hermes saying they had delivered my parcel to a secure location. Unfortunately they didn't tell me where that was and didn't even put a note through the door. We have asked the immediate neighbours and they don't have it and looked in the shed, bins and meter cupboards. So what now? There is no way of contacting them via their website and tracking the parcel on the seller's site just diverts to Hermes.

Any suggestions?

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

That is one very secure location .... so secure... too secure...

1 person likes this.
  3. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Too secure for me to find.

4. nomad

nomad Star commenter

0330 333 6556

For myHermes shippers and myHermes parcel recipients, we'd recommend calling our customer service team on 0330 333 6556. If you ordered your parcel through a retailer who are using Hermes to deliver, the quickest way to locate your parcel is to contact your retailer directly using their Contact Us pages.

5. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I've tried that @nomad it suggests you read the list of problems on the website or start a Live Chat then hangs up without saying how to do that. I've tried contacting the retailer which sends me back to Hermes.

6. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

My Hermes also appears to be a service you have to have signed up for previously.

nomad likes this.
  7. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

The secure place is supposed to be somewhere you have nominated. Advice is not to have one as they can say it is delivered if they leave it or not. Better to ask for a re delivery as then they are still responsible. Not that that is of any help to you now.
    Contact who you ordered from as it is their responsibility as you did not select the delivery company they have the contract with them. Don't let them wriggle out of it.
    I had this problem when I ordered from Amazon some years back before they used their own delivery service. The delivery person left it outside the front door, which we don't use, and didn't put a card through the door so we didn't know it was there. It got wet in the rain!
    So contact the retailer again. Hermes should know who delivered to you.

8. Andy_91

Andy_91 New commenter

Hermes are notorious for claiming to deliver but basically running away and making excuses. The best way to get them is via Twitter. Post a series of Tweets making it amusing, and getting everyone you know to retweet. They fall over themselves to help. Only downside was I had people asking me for updates for a couple of weeks after my non-delivery was sorted.

9. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I'm not on Twitter so can't do that @Andy_91 .

I have now found a way to contact Sports Direct, the retailer. I had to go through their FAQs one of which was 'my courier says the parcel has been delivered but I have not received it'. They suggest asking neighbours which I had already done then there is a form to fill in. We'll see where this gets me but, unfortunately, we're going away tomorrow for most of the week which complicates things.

I dare say another neighbour further away has the parcel but Hermes didn't even leave their usual card. It's unlikely to have been stolen round here.

nomad likes this.
  10. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Hermes are no-where near as bad as Yodel.
    In these parts Yodel dump your parcel anywhere within a mile radius thsan send you a photo of not your front door!

11. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Apparently it is the retailers responsibility to get the parcel to you so they should deal with the carrier. YOUR contract is with the retailer, not the carrier.

sbkrobson likes this.
  12. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I have contacted the retailer now. I'll see if they can trace the item.

nomad likes this.
  13. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

Hermes are completely useless, all this week I have had notices through my door saying they had tried to deliver, yet no contact details at all to tell them where I am to deliver it to. The card asks you to contact the driver, but the only contact details given are a squiggly thing that could be kiss.

The website is impossible to navigate, and the chat help is a half hour wait followed by being immediately cut off, repeatedly, it wipes out your whole afternoon.

WE also had to go back to the retailer, who recalled that parcel and resent another one, at an agreed time and place.

I would never ever opt to use Hermes after my experiences

14. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

You have to hope that the retailers will also, sooner or later, decide not to use Hermes again. With so much competition in the world of delivery/courier services it's hard to understand how Hermes think they can get away with this.

15. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Are you serious?
    This is your suggestion how to complain?!
    "My parcel hasn't arrived, haha boom boom!"
    (5 mins later)
    "Why did the chicken cross the road? I have no idea, because there was no parcel on the other side, ha ha boom boom!"
    (5 mins later)
    "now I've no birthday gift for my husband might as well divorce him ha ha boom boom!"

What silly advice. Use Twitter, yes, Make it amusing? Aaaargh-It isn't! That's the point of complaining!

InkyP likes this.
  16. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

The usual Hermes courier is a friendly woman who uses her own car packed to the roof with parcels, I've never had cause to complain before, maybe it is a different person now. I agree that their website positively discourages any contact.

17. Andy_91

Andy_91 New commenter

It is possible to be both amusing and annoyed. If it's amusing, other people retweet, because it's funny and Hermes get more and more negative publicity and traffic. Then they act. That's how Twitter works and it worked. One anguished Tweet into the ether can be forgotten and ignored. OK?

18. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Correct. I have had to press that button a few times, mostly Amazon deliveries, including a couple of times for expensive items. The vendors respond with the usual gumph about checking with neighbours or post office etc but I only ever check one neighbour either side and if I haven’t got a card, don’t check the Post Office. Non-delivery isn’t a job for me to be wasting time on.

19. colpee

colpee Star commenter

20. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Just woken up and I quickly read this as "people asking me for dates for a couples of week!