1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Here! Two presents! Free! Enjoy them! Please leave a comment. Thank you!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Waiguoren, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Waiguoren

Waiguoren New commenter

Hello everybody!
    As the title says, two presents which I hope you will find fun and useful! But I do have some questions too, and I'd be grateful if you could give me some advice.
    Last summer holiday I was looking for websites to help me build my own class website. I work in an international school in China, and thought it would be good to have something to communicate with the parents, share learning games and keep records of work done, diaries and photo galleries, and so on.
    I found www.weebly.com - an excellent website which lets you sign up for free and create up to two websites of your own. I had such a lot of fun making the website for my class that my Head let me teach the others how to do it, and now every class has one!
    So that's the first present, for those of you who don't know about it. Also, you can go to http://education.weebly.com to get the same service - but it will build a teacher's website which allows you to create up to 40 other student websites! (I just use mine to upload photos of their children for the parents, but you could let the children have the passwords so they can make their own sites and do assignments online).
    But then I thought: my class website will have to be left online as a record for the parents and children. I won't be able to do anything with it after the end of the year! So I made this website as well - my own personal website for learning games:
    www.mrkohll.weebly.com
    Feel free to use it for learning games! I'm leaving my school at the end of this year (China, international school) and coming back to the UK, and I don't know what job I'll get - and it might well be supply. So I made it with games for all ages, and ESL.
    I do have some questions, though. Here in China, in an independent school, there are no problems with having class websites. Would I be able to do that in the UK? Would it be OK to use my own website to share learning games with my class too?
    I'd be very grateful if you'd leave a comment to let me know what you think of the website, and what you think about the questions.
    It's been a lot of fun making it, and I hope you all have fun with it too.

2. Hi,
    I just started setting up a class website for my 4th graders. I'd love to have a partner class somewhere as an audience and for us learn from.
    We're in Berlin, Germany. English is second language for most.
    Anybody interested?