1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Here are ten commonly made errors in vocabulary instruction

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by gianfrancoconti1966, Feb 9, 2016.

1. gianfrancoconti1966

gianfrancoconti1966 Occasional commenter

2. LadyPsyche

LadyPsyche Occasional commenter

Just looked at your Language Gym - looks great, but I cannot enter a space in the reflexive verbs, so get them wrong. Am I missing something obvious?

3. gianfrancoconti1966

Hi!
    Glad you like it. I have tested it here (in Malaysia) today on three different computers and two ipads. All my programmer can think of is that you may be using an outdated browser. Can you please let me know what browser you are using (e.g. Chrome) and which version of it and on what device. Also, is word spacing the only issue you encountered?

My students use it every day here and we have never had any issue with it.

Cheers

4. LadyPsyche

ermmm...not really an expert in that techy sort of stuff. I was on the computer in a classroom, late in the day doing junior homework duty, which I think runs on a version of windows 8, and I was using chrome as my browser. Whatever version has been put on it! Just odd that everything was fine except for an ignored space bar.
    (Not sure what's happening to my capitalisation there, sorry, migraine!)
    Haven't tried it on an ipad

5. LadyPsyche

Ah, just tried it in the Geography room and it worked just fine! So bizarre!
    Marvellous site by the way!

6. gianfrancoconti1966

Thanks for the feedback and glad you liked it. The most likely reason is that you first tried it on an outdated version of the browser or operating system and that in the geography system the computers have been upgraded to latest version. :)

7. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

Do read this post - there are lots of great ideas here. Based on very sound thinking.

8. gianfrancoconti1966

Thank you!