1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Her Ladyship cancels webchat

Discussion in 'Education news' started by Shedman, May 2, 2016.

1. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

emerald52 likes this.
  2. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

This has been in her diary for ages so, unless it really is for something unforseen such as a family crisis, then she appears to be pretty cowardly, imo. She can't possibly imagine that this will be viewed favourably for her.

petenewton, Shedman and emerald52 like this.
  3. nical73

nical73 Occasional commenter

Not one bit surprised. Why should we expect anything less. Doesn't listen to us at all so why start now!

Shedman and emerald52 like this.
  4. Benbamboo

Benbamboo Occasional commenter

unforeseen circumstance = inability to think of answers to tricky questions in two days.

I honestly didn't think she could stoop any lower to avoid discussing the issues. Maybe she realised she played the sexism card too early.

Shedman likes this.
  5. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

Her ladyship was always on a hiding to nothing with the webchat scheme. There is not a single issue in the education world that is without controversy and not being the quickest on her feet when fielding questions she's cried off. To have brazened it out would only have weakened her position further. Time to withdraw and regroup.

6. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

7. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Thing is a web chat must be fairly safe, I'd have thought. They usually seem very uncontroversial affairs. We all send in our questions, the mods can select the tame ones that dear Nicky would like to answer and she can answer with her pre-prepared responses.

She must be really running scared.

delnon, emerald52 and Middlemarch like this.
  8. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

Yep! All the more wussyness of her!

delnon likes this.
  9. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

The cancellation of the web chat is not due to cowardice. It's a damage control exercise. There's an election on and the cabinet don't want to remind the voters of how useless, unintelligent she is just before they go to the polls. It's the same reason that they Odious Osborne is chained to his desk as the moment.

Of course this will allow the media to focus on anti-Semitism- Mark Regev is the ambassador in London and I expect to see a much more strident approach to this now.

It's amazing that there is such a focus on Labour's anti-Semitism- as if conservatives are without this particular stain.

SSS

SportyK, delnon and emerald52 like this.
  10. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

footofstairs.jpg
    And here I am. Yes, that IS me and those ARE our stairs.

slingshotsally, Shedman and emerald52 like this.
  11. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

Aw! ... and I'd taken time off especially ...

Shedman and emerald52 like this.
  12. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

Labour's in such a mess, all the Tories need to do is to keep their heads down.

slingshotsally likes this.
  13. slingshotsally

Absolutely.. There is so much wrong with conservative policy, although anti-Semitism should be condemned at every opportunity, it's not the only thing that is of concern to the voters.

It's almost as if all conservative candidates, counsellors, politicians had been told to edit/delete their twitter feeds as soon as they got elected.

Shame Labour weren't as thorough with their media training.

14. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

I'dd LIKE to think it's because the Government is reconsidering the whole academisation issue....as I say, I'd LIKE to think that......

Shedman likes this.
  15. slingshotsally

You are an idealist.

Political expediency is more important in every way.

The thrill of being in the cabinet is greater than the education of a nation's children.

Nicky Morgan who could think of no other way to solve a crisis in education than to sell it off as though it were clapped out banger.

delnon, Shedman and emerald52 like this.
  16. delnon

delnon Lead commenter

I wonder where the yellow went?

17. SportyK

SportyK Occasional commenter

She had a pressing appointment with 'Toni & Guy'.:rolleyes:

aspensquiver_2 and emerald52 like this.
  18. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

After Toni & Guy she also had an appointment with image consultant about how to project a caring persona to teachers and parents.

Shedman and SportyK like this.
  19. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

Image consultants have now had contract cancelled due to failure to make expected progress.

20. delnon

delnon Lead commenter

All enquiries to Tricky Nicky regarding workload are being passed to her lawyers: Sue, Grabbitt and Scarper.

SportyK likes this.