1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Helppppppp first lesson plan!!!!

Discussion in 'Geography' started by mia1985, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Could anyone give me any ideas on an activity i could use to introduce energy for a year 8 class! didnt realise lesson plannin was this time consuming

2. You need to give a little more context on where you're heading for this to make sense. Are you looking at different types of energy and then moving onto energy conservation, global warming...?

3. I always start with the pupil looking at the amount of energy they use every day and what it would be like without electricity-they write a diary entry of a day without power. Maybe get them to make a list of everything they use each day to gain some kind of context for them and for them to relate to.

4. thats a good idea thanks for that ..... just so hard to plan xxx

5. you are kidding? Is this a wind up?

6. I suspect the original poster is a PGCE student, or at least training, so I don't think they are trying to wind anyone up. I know that when I first started my PGCE I was surprised that it took me a number of hours to complete one lesson plan. All I can say OP is that it does get easier.