1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HELPPPP TEACHING ASSISTANT/PRIMARY SCHOOL INTERVIEW

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by mummy01, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Hello, this is my first time using this sight and I was wondering if someone can help me please. I have had a complete change in career from working in the Airline Industry for 20 years to studying for a teaching assistant position. I have nearly finished Level 3 Diploma as a Teaching Assistant and have been invitied for an interview. I have absolutely no idea what sort of questions to expect. Has anyone recently had an interview who could help please. Thank you

2. Hello, this is my first time using this sight and I was wondering if someone can help me please. I have had a complete change in career from working in the Airline Industry for 20 years to studying for a teaching assistant position. I have nearly finished Level 3 Diploma as a Teaching Assistant and have been invitied for an interview. I have absolutely no idea what sort of questions to expect. Has anyone recently had an interview who could help please. Thank you

3. Hello Mummy

I had an interview a few years ago but work in education so could probably give you some pointers/ sample questions. My experience is in primary so im not sure about high school.
    1. How do children learn to read? (Phonics etc.)
    2. What is the Every Child Matters agenda? and what does that mean in the classroom? (5 outcomes all based around the wellbeing of children)
    3. How would you support a child who found lesson content too difficult? (Break it down, use visual aids etc)
    4. What qualities does a TA need?
    5. Why do we plan lessons? and how could you support the teachers planning? (updating teacher on progress of targeted pupils or preparing resources etc.)
    6. Why do you want to be a TA?
    7. How will your previous career have prepared you to work in schools?
    They really want to see you comitted to education and the welfare of children. Show you are passionate and you cant go far wrong in my opinion.

Be yourself and good luck x

I

4. glenn_xp

glenn_xp New commenter

Have a search through the TA forum. There's a few threads about interviews on there