1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Helpful hints on how to stay healthy

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Countrygirl_78, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Countrygirl_78

Countrygirl_78 New commenter

Hello! I'm a PGCE student and have come down with something nasty every time I start a new placement. I had a chest infection which didn't shift for ages when I started my first plavement. Then I got laringytis when I started my second and now I have another cold!!
    I am quite a healthy person, I eat relatively well and excerice, it just seems that I'm catching a lot of bugs which I never use to before I started teaching. Any advise on how to fend off the nasty infections would be appreicated.
    BTW I had a quick search and couldn't see a similar site, so if there is one, or I've posted on the wrong place please let me know.
    Thanks [​IMG]

2. Eva_Smith

Eva_Smith Established commenter

Protecting your voice is very important. Do not shout at all. Learn to raise your voice in a controlled way and develop a series of strategies for getting the kids to be quiet without using your voice.