1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

help!!

Discussion in 'Scotland - curriculum' started by lauramci, Feb 9, 2014.

1. lauramci

lauramci New commenter

Hi

I'm a student primary teacher at university in England,I have completed my beginning and developing placement here. my university has arranged for me to do my final placement in Scotland as I am moving there in the summer. I've been trying to find out information about what exactly gets taught in each subject and when. For example if I look on the mathematics framework for England I can see exactly what I need to teach for time(I'm teaching it this week in numeracy to a year two class) eg, the relationship between units of time,read time to the quarter hour,identify time intervals etc. However I can't see anything at all which is specific like this on the education Scotland website,It sounds silly but how will I know what to teach ?

2. sana-1

sana-1 New commenter

Hi,

How did you find the move from England to Scotland? was it straightforward, as I have saw, numerous times, that it is difficult as qualifying in England and qualifying in Scotland are quite different.