1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by littlemissfixit, Apr 7, 2012.

1. I have been asked to work with kS3 pupils to produce a performance based on jubilee celebrations, using poems and/or short stories for stimulus. I am totally lost on this and can't find anything suitable. Does anyone have any bright ideas that I might use or follow up? I'll be forever grateful!

2. I have been asked to work with kS3 pupils to produce a performance based on jubilee celebrations, using poems and/or short stories for stimulus. I am totally lost on this and can't find anything suitable. Does anyone have any bright ideas that I might use or follow up? I'll be forever grateful!

3. Forget about the Jubilee and start with 1953 - the coronation year which is what is being celebrated. Treat the show as a collage. Make up a show which consists of: dramatised short items of news from the year; movement/dance pieces to pop music of the year; use adverts in 1950's women's magazines as scripts and dramatise them (very funny), if you've got a student who can sing get them to sing a period pop song - you'll be able to get a backing track off the internet. I did a show like this for the millenium. It'll take an evening on google to research it but worth it.

4. That will make a good start. Thank you.