1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by frenchqueen, Apr 5, 2012.

1. This is the situation I find myself at in work...The Head got fed up with the 'discord' in English and instead of reconciliation and negotiating (apparently - and I have this on very good authority- one of my colleagues has been copying my emails and sending them to the SLT, hence the 'discord') , the head instructed each and every member of the department against my wishes and the Union's wishes to be interviewed, encouraging the members of the department to say exactly what they feel about me, and then produced a totally negative and damning report which was given to me in which every comment was directed at me personally. There was not one positive comment. I have been highlighting the comments to both my line manager and the head for the past two years and yet have been left to deal with it onmy own completely unsupported. I am not perfect but in no way am I the monster they have made me out to be ( results have gone up significantly since I joined). So, after my second sleepless night I went to the doctor and got signed off.
    It appears to me that the Head has caved into a bully in my department who has been running a whispering campaign against me since September. And what's worse? Since I have been off, they have cleared out my room, moved furnitue from the English staffroom into my room. They have made the kids re-write their Controlled Assessments ( which if found out would lead to the students' disqualification from the exam) and all the Y10 students I entered for their English exams this summer they have withdrawn. Totally undermines me and makes me look completely incompetent.
    I have now been referred to OH - and I have had no letter from the Head to tell me why, or the reasons why - just a letter from OH with an appointment time. I was told by my union that I could not take a representative, which is untrue. This is yet another process which has been done to me.
    The long and the short of it is that by allowing the members of the department to vent their spleen, the Head has effectively given a credible platform and gravitas to these 'complaints'. The accusations are 1) factually inaccurate 2) formed of opinion and 3) I believe libelous and amounts to defamation of character. My position has been made untenable.
    The union has been completely useless on this one.

2. This is the situation I find myself at in work...The Head got fed up with the 'discord' in English and instead of reconciliation and negotiating (apparently - and I have this on very good authority- one of my colleagues has been copying my emails and sending them to the SLT, hence the 'discord') , the head instructed each and every member of the department against my wishes and the Union's wishes to be interviewed, encouraging the members of the department to say exactly what they feel about me, and then produced a totally negative and damning report which was given to me in which every comment was directed at me personally. There was not one positive comment. I have been highlighting the comments to both my line manager and the head for the past two years and yet have been left to deal with it onmy own completely unsupported. I am not perfect but in no way am I the monster they have made me out to be ( results have gone up significantly since I joined). So, after my second sleepless night I went to the doctor and got signed off.
    It appears to me that the Head has caved into a bully in my department who has been running a whispering campaign against me since September. And what's worse? Since I have been off, they have cleared out my room, moved furnitue from the English staffroom into my room. They have made the kids re-write their Controlled Assessments ( which if found out would lead to the students' disqualification from the exam) and all the Y10 students I entered for their English exams this summer they have withdrawn. Totally undermines me and makes me look completely incompetent.
    I have now been referred to OH - and I have had no letter from the Head to tell me why, or the reasons why - just a letter from OH with an appointment time. I was told by my union that I could not take a representative, which is untrue. This is yet another process which has been done to me.
    The long and the short of it is that by allowing the members of the department to vent their spleen, the Head has effectively given a credible platform and gravitas to these 'complaints'. The accusations are 1) factually inaccurate 2) formed of opinion and 3) I believe libelous and amounts to defamation of character. My position has been made untenable.
    The union has been completely useless on this one.

3. ok.. will do. I am going to the regional branch, they have given me NO advice.