1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HELP

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Mariecapper, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Mariecapper

Mariecapper New commenter

Hello all.
    Currently in a permanent KS2 position, been here over three years. Have been unhappy for a couple of years, mainly due to my location, but the fear of not finding another job is making me stay. It's getting to the point now that I'm finding it hard to get up in the mornings and I really feel I need a change.
    I know the resignation date is 31st May but am a) terrified I won't be able to find other work and I need to work to pay the bills, not in a luxurious position to allow my husband to pay for everything and b) have no idea what it's like if I resign and just decide to opt for supply. Am based in South Essex.
    What is the job situation like out there? What is it like to do supply? Do you have to tell the headteacher you are looking around because surely it looks a bit bad if you just roll up and say 'I've got an interview'? How does it work if you get interviews, don't get the job and then you wind up having to stay - in any other job I've done it's widely accepted that people just get new jobs and move on, but the resignation date rules seem to be mad in this profession and also it feels like you are committing a sin if you want to leave!!