1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HELP!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by cmonins86, Dec 1, 2011.

1. cmonins86

cmonins86 New commenter

At 5pm this evening I received a call from one of my references, wishing me luck on my interview tomorrow. Before you all say oh how nice, well done, good luck. I have NO idea about any interview. I apparently have been invited to interview tomorrow at a school and my reference had been asked to send reference back. I have no clue what to do, I have checked voicemails, emails and no word from school. I have had post over past two weeks and not been given anything from school.

I am very concerned it will be early in morning and may be late or there is a lesson observation of presentation to give. I have tried contacting school but due to the time there is nobody in. ANY ADVICE PLEASE. I'm having a meltdown.

2. Have you checked the original paperwork you completed to check the interview date? I was a referee for a colleague and the request for reference i received had a different date on than the letter she received inviting her for said interview....not good but it can happen....

Also, schools usually expect you to confirm attendance... you could call first thing to clarify ... deep breaths!!!
    I know this is not much help but i wanted to reply !!

3. cmonins86

cmonins86 New commenter

No date stated for interview, deadline was two weeks ago so does seem highly likely it's tomorrow. I am surprised that they haven't called as I hadn't confirmed attendance. I'm preparing myself for interview and just waiting until 8 tomorrow to call.
    Thanks

4. IanG

IanG New commenter

Word of caution...
    Some schools take up ALL references of applicants regardless of whether they invite them for an interview not. I wish you all the best!

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

[​IMG] Well - there's a challenge for you!
    If you are interviewed .... Good luck! [​IMG]

6. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

Oh Dear, I know that feeling!
    It is good to be prepared anyway, and just ring them tomorrow as early as.
    On my PGCE my tutor was called for a reference when the school said they had shortlisted me. I never recevied a letter, and the morning of the interview they were waiting for another person to arrive! ME dammit.
    Annoying these glitches but they do happen.
    If you do get any luck, go for it, and good luck xx