1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Elise2011, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I am a student teacher on the pgde course. I have been told to look at maths non number - shape or measure for my sequence planner (second level) BUT I am totally confused. I just dont know where to start with this.
    Does anybody have any idea or would they be able to shed some light on how i can go about planning this?
    Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Look at the maths framework and the blocks and units of work on shape, space and measure. You are focusing upon AT3.
    Is it for a particular year group or the shape focus overall?
    There is also a progression document for skills and concepts in shape.

3. Thanks for the reply.
    The second link will not open for me, not sure if it is a problem on my end. It is a P5 class that I will be teaching. Thanks a lot, thats helped a lot!
    The hardest part is just sitting down and actually writing the planner. I just don't want to get it wrong. I only have to plan a sequence of 6 lessons for it, so it is not too bad.
    Sorry, feel a bit silly but i am not sure what AT3 stands for...

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter

5. Thanks Opera Diva, that's a really good resource!

6. Thank you both!