1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

help!!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by donna9, Sep 7, 2011.

1. I am a year 1 teacher and a new child has started in my class. He seems to have not been to school before or even mixed with other children. He has no knowledge of numbers or letters and is possibly on the autistic spectrum somewhere. Although I can easily follow phase 1 planning for his phonics I am struggling to think of ways to help him with his numbers that my teaching assistant can carry out with him. It's been few years since I have taught FS and even then I don't think I came across children at this level. I have Numicon available and wondered if the FS Numicon activities may be useful but wondered if anyone has any bright ideas or even better basic planning I can follow so the poor child can begin to enjoy school!

2. I have uploaded my maths planning for the first few weeks of Autumn 1. I don't know if there's anything there you think will be helpful.
    Link through my user name and look in my resources there for "Maths Weekly Plans for Autumn 1 Reception".
    Good luck.

3. Thanks that's really helpful!