1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help.....

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by paragon, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Hi there fellow teachers

I have an interview in a fortnight. I have to give a presentation...
    Topic - What are main barriers to development of literacy skills to 16-18 year olds.
    And

How would you deploy and utilise learning support in order to meet the literacy development needs of 16-18 year olds?

Goodness, where does one start?
    Wolf/Ofsted Barriers to Learning etc - yes I know ... but learning support is a BIG, BIG area.

I really want this job - I've waited for this all my life...

2. Hi there fellow teachers

I have an interview in a fortnight. I have to give a presentation...
    Topic - What are main barriers to development of literacy skills to 16-18 year olds.
    And

How would you deploy and utilise learning support in order to meet the literacy development needs of 16-18 year olds?

Goodness, where does one start?
    Wolf/Ofsted Barriers to Learning etc - yes I know ... but learning support is a BIG, BIG area.

I really want this job - I've waited for this all my life...

3. Start with the obvious barriers, as you mentioned, they ask for main barriers and then pick one or two strategies you feel would be suitable for the second part - remembering to tie them into at least one of the barriers you have already mentioned.
    I know that is stating the obvious and sticking closely to the KISS principle, but sometimes, in excitement, we forget the basics.
    Stay calm, state the obvious and grab that job!
    Good luck!