1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by flower16, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Hi i was just wondering in nursery are children introduced to 2d shapes and their names, simple properties? I did a great activity with my reception class where children had to sort out 2d shapes with thier descriptions but was wondering if i could adapt that activity for a nursery class. Any thoughts?

2. Yes, children are introduced to 2D shapes in nursery (check the SSM PSRN development matters). We don't tend to focus on their properties but will look for shapes in the environment. For example saying that the clock is shaped like a circle, etc. We also compare the size of shapes and group all the big triangles together for example.
    Hope that helps

3. Hi Flower16, sorry to be of no help to you, but could you tell me what your reception shape activity was? I am looking for someth great for an obs next week and am stumped!!