1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by MissHighton, May 14, 2011.

1. I have an interview this week and cannot decide what to do for my lesson!! I have 100 ideas but keep talking myself out of them! I can teach anything but have to link it to ICT in some way.
    My original idea was to read a simple story - possibly little red riding hood. Children then decide on the most important parts of the story and freeze frame those parts. I then take a pic of the freeze frames and upload them onto a PowerPoint (My camera is quick at this). The children then retell the story using the PowerPoint images to help.
    Is this totally rubbish? The trouble is I only have 45 mins, it's a Y5 class and I don't know anything about their abilities!! I'm going round in circles, somebody please help me!

2. gergil4

gergil4 New commenter

Personally, and for safety's sake, I'd do it the other way round - show them something on your PowerPoint and get them to do some follow-up work. My reason being that if your camera/connection/whatever decides not to work then you're scuppered. For my sanity, I don't rely on ICT for interviews unless absolutely necessary, and then take paper copies as back-up. Good luck

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

I'm not sure that year 5 boys would be very happy at telling Little Red Riding Hood - especially with someone they don't know. Could you think of another more age appropriate story or a narrative poem?

4. Up until the last paragraph I assumed this lesson idea was for a year 1 or 2 class.
    Start with a very clear learning objective and work from there.
    Be careful about being too ambitious with tecnology in an interview unless you have a really clear and well organised plan B if things go wrong!