1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Year 3 Literacy QCA tests

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sandy38, May 1, 2007.

1. Please help! Just realised that our school are doing the optional sats in just 3 weeks time .Should I be doing any revision? A previous post indicated that the Literacy was the same as 2006 paper and this was a persuasive text but we haven't covered this !. Any advice please?

2. Please help! Just realised that our school are doing the optional sats in just 3 weeks time .Should I be doing any revision? A previous post indicated that the Literacy was the same as 2006 paper and this was a persuasive text but we haven't covered this !. Any advice please?

3. Don't stress, there are 2 writing tests. i short desribing a playground game, i long writing a letter persuading the headteacher that their idea for a treasure hunt is best. it is not in letter format as such and it does not look for persuasing language. i can sned you the mark scheme tomorrow if you want?

4. Thankx, would appreciate that. This way I maybe can touch on some aspects in our lessons during the next 2 weeks.
    My email is: sandygirl643@ntlworld.com.

5. your address bounced back! any ideas why?

6. Hi-Sorry to hop on the bandwagon but I would love to see a copy of the mark scheme. I do the year 5/6 tests so I wont be able to see a copy of the year 3 ones. My email is:

2007.resources@googlemail.com

Thanks In Advance, I know you might be busy so if you cant thats Ok. But if youc an, thank you with shiny star sprinkles ans shiny icing.
    Thanks,

Shiny Star
    xxx
    ---

7. you both have mail :eek:)

8. Cheers Wolfblass

9. you have mail :eek:)

10. many thanks

11. Hi Wolfbass

I am new to Year 3 and would love to see the mark schemes to get an idea what they are looking for.
    Cherryfield
    taylor157@ntlworld.com

12. you have mail :O)

13. Sorry to jump on the bandwagon! Read you have a marking scheme for year 3 optional sats. Could you possibly e-mail me a copy? My address is kking@hillingdongrid.uk
    Much appreciated!
    Thanks

14. you have mail :O)

15. Sorry to jump so highly onto the bandwagon, but could I have a copy too please. It's my first job and first Y3 class so need a bit of help towards optionals!

samnuttall11@hotmail.com

16. Wolfbass - do they set the same writing test every year then? The tests you mentioned were last years (first time we have used them) and I was expecting different ones this year, I didn't realised they set the same ones every year!