1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! World Book Day

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by nc_marsden, Feb 23, 2011.

1. nc_marsden

nc_marsden New commenter

Hi I'm currently on long term supply in a small year 3 class (only 16 pupils)! World Book Day is on the Friday we return to school, after half term.
    I wasn't expecting to still be there for this day! World Book Day was mentioned at the start of me covering but as explained i didnt think i would still be there. well anyway i have completely forgotten about it until it was mentioned on Friday!! Therefore i will need to arrange something sharpiesh for the World Book Day Assembly!

I want to do something exciting? but i havent done/seen one before? I know they have to re-enact a story?(needs to lastapprox 5 minutes)
    Any ideas/suggestions of good stories?
    Thankyou in advance :)
    Nikki

2. nc_marsden

nc_marsden New commenter

Hi I'm currently on long term supply in a small year 3 class (only 16 pupils)! World Book Day is on the Friday we return to school, after half term.
    I wasn't expecting to still be there for this day! World Book Day was mentioned at the start of me covering but as explained i didnt think i would still be there. well anyway i have completely forgotten about it until it was mentioned on Friday!! Therefore i will need to arrange something sharpiesh for the World Book Day Assembly!

I want to do something exciting? but i havent done/seen one before? I know they have to re-enact a story?(needs to lastapprox 5 minutes)
    Any ideas/suggestions of good stories?
    Thankyou in advance :)
    Nikki