1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with workload?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Cestrian, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

2. Part-time.
    The workload's not going to get any lighter after seven years. You're doing too much.

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Yes - I felt like that for most of my full-time teaching career, and to be honest it got worse as my career progressed, not better. The actual job of advancing students' learning has steadily become buried by a culture of bureaucratic hyper-accountability.

4. After many years of teaching I accept the only solution to this is part-time- it's not going to get any easier, sorry!

5. Everything seems to change and nothing ever get finished. I am writing and re-writing things all the time. I hate it! grr. Mind you I have responsibility and it is knackering checking that SMT don't o anything too stupid. analyse results by group - why do I have to do that? what will you do with the data? what do you expect me to do with it?