1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with working directly with schools through Limited Company.

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by d4ve, Feb 27, 2017.

1. d4ve

d4ve New commenter

Hi,

I've been working as a Supply Teacher for a number of years through different agencies. The new government legislation means that from April 2017 my daily pay rate will decrease due to my agencies having to make extra payments for me. The schools want to work directly with me through my Limited Company but I don't know where to start. My company is set up but what legal requirement would I need? Do I need references for myself? Do I need to have myself on the update service through my own organisation? Really looking for some help from people who are currently working directly with schools through their own company, thanks.

Dave :)

2. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

I don't know the answers to all your queries, but if you post this over on the supply forum, you might get more response.

3. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Will they actually pay you any more? It's a very complicated way of doing supply and you have to take into account that you'll be paying your own tax/pension/NI/holiday pay from whatever they offer you. You may even need separate insurance as you may not be covered by school policies if you are not an employee.

I wouldn't touch this with a bargepole myself.

4. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

5. d4ve

d4ve New commenter

Thanks you for helping.I appreciate it.

6. d4ve

d4ve New commenter

*Thank you