1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

help with wording a maths objective

Discussion in 'Primary' started by anon3518, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Doing that starter where you give the children a number and they have to think of a calculation that equals that number but can't for the life of me think of a child friendly WALT/LO for it.
    Any suggestions?
    H

2. Doing that starter where you give the children a number and they have to think of a calculation that equals that number but can't for the life of me think of a child friendly WALT/LO for it.
    Any suggestions?
    H

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

WALT: use all four operations to solve problems

Depending on age really...how old are they?

4. year 2. For a b!imin observation which I really need to do well with. At this time of year, the class are hyper, they've just found out who their teacher is next year and the last thing I need is an obs.
    thought about the target thing for starter - how many calcs in 2 minutes and for Ha 2 step calcs.
    Then HA sent off to answer some tables questions whilst I go through LA and MA writing own probs for mult tables (answering word probs day before). Recall HA (in thing to do at the mo) and guide them with a codebreaker timestables thing. Obj for LA and MA: Use multiplication facts by writing our own
    problems.
    H