1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with word (IT)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by grandelf, Jun 29, 2011.

1. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

Need help with an application form.

Have filled in the form bar one section of it. The whole of the document is in portrait, however the table I need to fill is is in landscape.
    So when i go to type into it, the word continue to run left to right rather than bottom to top of the page.

bit like the bottom left hand side.
    [​IMG]

I have tried to cut the table out and put it in a text box so I could type and them just turn it around to no avail

Anyone know how I can change the direction of the text?

many thanks

Elfie.

2. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

Have you tried clicking on "format" and then "text direction" to see if that works?

3. When you get to the right line border and want to continue writing below what you have just written, press Alt + Enter.

4. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Table tools
    Allignment

5. achhhhhhhh, noooooooooo, you are in Word, not Excel.

6. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

oh thanks, have managed to do it on office 2010 (which I'm still getting used to), will try again when i get into work tomorrow as I forgot to email myself the form!

Lets hope its just as easy on the older version of word!

7. Hiya Elfie,

The page has a table which has contents rotated at 90 degrees anti-clockwise? If I'm not mistaken, that sounds a bit crazy. I'd speak to the person that made the form and ask them how they want you to fill it in first.

Otherwise, insert shapes and right click the shape to 'add text'. When you add text to a shape in Word 2007 you get an extra option in the format tab: 'text direction' which you can use to rotate your text.

-pete

8. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

bumping baubles bar

9. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

<font size="2">oh me threads back! It was AWOL this morning; I bet baubles bar temporarily turned it into a clone of itself</font><font size="2"> </font><font size="2">I have managed to do it, the format button allowed me to turn the test direction around in the table, was a bit tired yesterday so missed it the 1st time around. </font>