1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with using Lexile Levels and improving reading of ELLS

Discussion in 'US – Staffroom' started by MPHrangi, Mar 2, 2020.

1. MPHrangi

MPHrangi New commenter

Hello
    I am a New Zealand based teacher of English language learning students and my secondary school department provides pathways for these students through the "standard" English (including literature) curriculum as well as more purely English language learning courses.
    I have the opportunity to travel to the US in early - mid December 2020 for professional development and I am trying to make plans to visit a high school to learn more about how Lexile levels are used effectively to improve students' reading. This could be with native English users, but preferably ELLS. Lexile levels are not commonly used here in NZ and I have only stumbled across them by using an online resource called ReadTheory with my classes. Provisionally, I would be in the US between 16 - 18 Dec, 2020. Preferably near to Los Angeles or Houston, which are easy to get to from Auckland. Can anyone help me with a visit to a school?
    Thanks in advance
    Glenn

2. MPHrangi

MPHrangi New commenter