1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

help with TLR calculation

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by somebodyelse, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Hi there - could someone advise me please? If you get a TLR 2c (and you don't have any other responsibility points) and in your job you are paid 0.7 currently - and you are taxed at the normal rate - approximately what amount of extra money would this TLR 2c end up as in your salary? Thanks.

2. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

That depends on what the TLR 2c is worth. There is no set amount that is called 2c - that is set by the school with the TLR 2 range.
    www.tesfaq.co.uk/pay/tlr

3. thanks - it's the bottom end - £2535.

4. That amount would make it a TLR 2a, not a 2c - which do you think you're on?

5. CarrieV

CarrieV Senior commenter

Not in my school, 2c is the bottom TLR ( in fact, the only!)

6. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

The letters are purely what the school deside. 2C is the largedt TLR 2in my school, just under £6000. 2A is about 2500,

7. Thanks for that Carrie. I've just read Tafkam's excellent FAQ, and see that whether a is the most or the least depends on the school offering it. It's an education!

8. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

My estimates are about £120-£140 per month extra in your take-home.Best best, though, is to use the calculator to work out for your exact circumstances:
    www.tesfaq.co.uk/pay

9. mrkeys

mrkeys Occasional commenter

.............or to put it another way about £1.00 extra a lesson, after tax, if you teach 6 lessons a day!