1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help - with secondary SEAL in tutor time and leading SEAL for whole school. Any one up for swapping ideas??

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by misscare, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Hi

I am Head of Year 7 moving in to Head of Year 8. I have introduced some aspects of SEAL in to the year 7 tutorial programme this year and I will be doing the same next year. I am struggling with the bandapilot SEAL website resources very wordy and heavy going....

Anyone know of any other good ideas, resources, web sites to put SEAL more in to context.....???

thanks so much for any ideas !!!

2. Hi

I am Head of Year 7 moving in to Head of Year 8. I have introduced some aspects of SEAL in to the year 7 tutorial programme this year and I will be doing the same next year. I am struggling with the bandapilot SEAL website resources very wordy and heavy going....

Anyone know of any other good ideas, resources, web sites to put SEAL more in to context.....???

thanks so much for any ideas !!!

3. hi
    I am looking at implementing seal into yr 6-7 transition and through into yr 7 any advice/ideas gratefully recieved if possible
    fabfoodtech@yahoo.co.uk
    I will pass things to you if you put on your email
    new at this area though so please bare with me
    Alison

4. Oh wow..
    I am a newly promoted Year 7 HOY and am planning on using SEAL this coming year too...

All ideas and conversations welcome..

blithespirit1@googlemail.com

5. BRILLIANT

i will set up a group email for us?? to share resources, ideas and good practice....? is this a good idea....

i have some resources i can email you both to get started
    the bandapilot is good but it needs critical evaluation and sifting through

will email you soon with soem resources and lets start swapping ideas and resources etc....?

sounds great

THANKS

6. If anyone ELSE wnats to put their email on I will email you SEAL resources too

i dont have all the answers but i can send you quite a bit of stuff ?

and would be fab if you could do the same as I have to plan all of year 8 tutor work now !!!

7. hello there,
    Would be most grateful to receive any support or resources etc. Just started SEAL in secondary...year 7 and am relying heavily on bandapilot. Any advice etc VERY welcome and will respond in kind when I find anything.
    melon.balls@hotmail.co.uk
    Thank You.

8. Hi
    I have worked on SEAL (although only in a very small way) and our school has launched it this year. There are a set of resources that you can use for tutorials in Year 7 available in the SEAL booklet available on line, some of which are quite good, others of which need customising a little.
    I have also started to write SEAL objectives in to schemes of work which worked quite well.
    I would be interested to hear of your experiences regarding SEAL and any other ideas you have and am happy to share my experiences if you are interested.

9. Hello

Please could I have a copy too. We are just starting to get a group together to look at SEAL. I will pass info on to others that we produce within our school

Many thanks :-}

gmice@hotmail.co.uk

10. gliss

gliss New commenter

I have been looking at the yr 8 themes and would like to introduce the motivational learning theme 2 as it links with learning to learn and study skills already in place.
    Can you add me please:
    kfern@hotmail.co.uk

11. Hello, I would appreciate having ideas forwarded to me , as I'll be y7 form tutor.
    gsohante@ukonline.co.uk

thanx

12. Hi everyone

WHOW !!!

This is such a great respons!!

Am very very pleased people are keen to join my SEAL email network !!

I have been away for the past few days so sorry for the slight delay.

I dont have all the answers at all but I do know some of the pitfalls and I have written form scratch lots of resources suitable for tutorial time based on the 5 key skills of SEAL empathy etc....

The idea is we will share good practice, share resources, experiences and ideas etc...

I do have the the SEAL symbols as posters too which i have given other schools

At some point over this weekend I will set up our SEAL email network.

I am currently trying to plan year 8 SEAL. Have just been talking at the Regional National Strategies conference and at an LA network meeting.

I ahve been evaluating SEAL this year with staff and pupils and am now trying to evaluate SEAL and see HOW it enhances learning? any ideas on this welcome ... too...?? and how should we track and monitor SEAL? keen on addressing this too?

Thanks so much for a great response - I need all the help I can get !!

13. Hi misscare
    Just seen your thread - I am the SEAL lead at our school - we've been introducing it in a variety of ways and are just starting to re-write KS3 curriculm with SEAL at the centre - I'm wondering whether it's possible to start up a discussion group of somekind -rather than swapping stuff via email (which is ok) it might be richer for us to chat, even plan together - I know time and co-ordination is always an issue - what do you think?

14. Could I join in too please? I am on the cross-curriculum party for implementing SEAL at our secondary school and I'd love to know how you all make it work. Klaproos1965@gmail.com

Thanks!

15. Could I join in too please? I am on the cross-curriculum party for implementing SEAL at our secondary school and I'd love to know how you all make it work. Klaproos1965@gmail.com

Thanks!

16. Hi everyone

whow !!!!! such a great response

Do leave me your email if you want to join???

well we have 12 schools from across the country who are keen to join the email SEAL share good practice and ideas nework.

I will email you all today.

All I ask is that you tell me which school you are at, primary or secomdary? and your job role....just so we can keep track and I will do the same when I mail you.

I will email you all very soon. This is a two way process -- share good practice, ideas, resources, thoughts etc...

am very pleased at such a great response

this week I have been talking at a conference for National Strategies and again they were saying SEAL at the heart of school improvement !!

See you soon
    MC