1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with role play dilemma!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by bumblebee111, May 4, 2011.

1. I'm struggling with role play! Whatever I turn the role play area into, following children's ideas and sometimes set up with them, they play Mums and Dads in there and ignore the resources that go with whatever it is meant to be. I feel that only if I could have an adult in there all the time, would an area be used for the role play that is intended. I would be really grateful of suggestions of how to develop a purposeful role play area without the availability of an adult to model all the time. I'm also thinking of going back to a full time home corner, and just having the other resources in boxes to carry outside. Has anyone else had success with this please?

2. I'm struggling with role play! Whatever I turn the role play area into, following children's ideas and sometimes set up with them, they play Mums and Dads in there and ignore the resources that go with whatever it is meant to be. I feel that only if I could have an adult in there all the time, would an area be used for the role play that is intended. I would be really grateful of suggestions of how to develop a purposeful role play area without the availability of an adult to model all the time. I'm also thinking of going back to a full time home corner, and just having the other resources in boxes to carry outside. Has anyone else had success with this please?

3. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

4. Ibuzzybea

Ibuzzybea Occasional commenter

have just spent last few mins looking for this as reply well done