1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with qualifications....

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by pbdance, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Hi
    I am new to this forum but am hoping that someone may be able to help me.
    I have BA (hons) degree in Performing Arts and in the late 90's went to work as a classroom assistant in a private school in the UK, by the end I was teaching within the classroom. In 2005 my husband & I moved to Cyprus and I got another teaching job in a private school. I am now a deputy head but does anyone know of any way of gaining teaching qualifications outside the UK? I have considered the Open University but each module is about £1500.
    I would always teach in a private institution but we may decide to move to another country e.g. United Arab Emirates and am not sure whether experience will counter qualifications.
    Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions, thanks in advance for you help.
    pbdance.

2. Hi
    I am new to this forum but am hoping that someone may be able to help me.
    I have BA (hons) degree in Performing Arts and in the late 90's went to work as a classroom assistant in a private school in the UK, by the end I was teaching within the classroom. In 2005 my husband & I moved to Cyprus and I got another teaching job in a private school. I am now a deputy head but does anyone know of any way of gaining teaching qualifications outside the UK? I have considered the Open University but each module is about £1500.
    I would always teach in a private institution but we may decide to move to another country e.g. United Arab Emirates and am not sure whether experience will counter qualifications.
    Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions, thanks in advance for you help.
    pbdance.

3. Sorry, I have no knowlegde, but would you get more help on the Overseas Trained Teachers forum? At the very least, some might know what training is available in the countries they are coming from?
    I hope someone will be able to help you.
    Liz