1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with producing history songs

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by Irmamusic, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Irmamusic

Irmamusic New commenter

I'm a retired peripatetic music teacher and I have only recently joined Tes. Over the past month I have been writing little songs for primary children about characters and events from history - all available as free downloads from my shop. Songs produced so far cover The Great Fire of London, Gunpowder Treason and Plot, Florence Nightingale and Christopher Columbus. I would really appreciate it if teachers could provide me with characters/events that they think would prove useful to their children in the coming weeks months and I'll see what I can do to produce more free downloads. If you wish to get some idea of what I am capable (or incapable) of producing you can find my recent songs (together with a number of nursery school original songs) at my shop https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources/shop/Irmamusic?p=2

2. Irmamusic

Irmamusic New commenter

In the absence of any replies I've added a couple of free new songs in my shop - "Come to the Circus" and "The Vikings" - however if anyone has any suggestions for more songs please feel free to reply and give me your thoughts