1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with planning Literacy for Y1 and 2 - combining fantasy stories with significant author?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Tinysmall, Apr 4, 2012.

1. I'm an NQT trying to get my head around planning next term's literacy... the previous teacher at my school combined the above two units but it's not that clear from her planning HOW she did this, and there is no mention of the text/s she used :(

Am I mad to even consider combining these two units? If I stick to one I can't see how I can differentiate appropriately to challenge my Y2s.. also I'll run out of time to teach the unit I drop.

Does anyone have any good text/s for one or both of these units? Our topic is castles so that would fit well with fantasy stories, but will it be possible to find extended stories by significant authors to match?
    I'm completely in a muddle, so any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Many thanks

2. I'm an NQT trying to get my head around planning next term's literacy... the previous teacher at my school combined the above two units but it's not that clear from her planning HOW she did this, and there is no mention of the text/s she used :(

Am I mad to even consider combining these two units? If I stick to one I can't see how I can differentiate appropriately to challenge my Y2s.. also I'll run out of time to teach the unit I drop.

Does anyone have any good text/s for one or both of these units? Our topic is castles so that would fit well with fantasy stories, but will it be possible to find extended stories by significant authors to match?
    I'm completely in a muddle, so any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Many thanks