1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with PGCE interview presentation please!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by kmc1378, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I need some help please! I have a Primary PGCE interview next week and have to do a five minute presentation entitled "Critically discuss learning and teaching in early reading and demonstrate how current government policy is impacting upon it".
    I have included information about the new phonics tests introduced by the government and will talk about how they are proving to be quite controversial, and the reasons for the controversy. But I feelt that I am missing something? Is there anything else that I should be considering??
    Many thanks,
    Kelly.

2. Hi,
    I need some help please! I have a Primary PGCE interview next week and have to do a five minute presentation entitled "Critically discuss learning and teaching in early reading and demonstrate how current government policy is impacting upon it".
    I have included information about the new phonics tests introduced by the government and will talk about how they are proving to be quite controversial, and the reasons for the controversy. But I feelt that I am missing something? Is there anything else that I should be considering??
    Many thanks,
    Kelly.

3. That sounds about right to me, I too would focus on phonics - not just the tests itself, but the whole idea of phonics. Also, you're lucky with today's news! - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-17368311
    I'd also mention that the curriculum will be changing soon (I think 2014) and so policies may change in the coming few years.
    Good luck!

4. I heard that news story on the radio whilst driving to work this morning, my eyes lit up! ;)
    Thanks for your ideas, I think I will include them, thanks ever so much for your reply.
    Kelly.