1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help With Pgce Funding Advice!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by elly1685, Mar 6, 2011.

1. I'm currently waiting on interview feedback as to whether I've been accepted on the PGCE course in Bangor, however I'm struggling to find any information on what funding is available for students who live in Wales and studying in Wales.
    The Student Finance are sending me to the TDA website and the TDA.....thats right... sending me to the Student Finance website!
    I would be grateful for any information.
    Many Thanks

2. I'm currently waiting on interview feedback as to whether I've been accepted on the PGCE course in Bangor, however I'm struggling to find any information on what funding is available for students who live in Wales and studying in Wales.
    The Student Finance are sending me to the TDA website and the TDA.....thats right... sending me to the Student Finance website!
    I would be grateful for any information.
    Many Thanks

3. Hi elly... I'm in the same position. I'm waiting to hear from UWIC and live in Cardiff so have been looking into funding in Wales. I know that we can get the loan to cover the fees and that the £4k grant has been cut, but aside from that I can't find any info!! I live at home too, so don't think I'll be eligible for an assembly learning grant or anything like that!! I don't honestly know how they intend for people to survive the year with no income! It's just an added stress to what is already a very difficult year!! X

4. It does seem to be very difficult at the moment to get the advice / funding needed!
    There is something I have seen called a professional and careers development loan which is available whilst you study, interest free for 13 months then you begin to pay it back! It is the only thing I have seen so far which is going to make the year possible!

I had a look at the Assembly Learning Grant, does that cover PGCE ? I will have just moved out of my parents home before beginning the course - but they still take into consideration my parents income which means I won't receive anything even though im an independant student!