1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

help with Ops Management please

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by slimmerwithin, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Hi I am an NQT teacher teaching Business Studies for the first time. I am teaching Operations Management to my AS students and am really struggling with this.
    I have never taught it before and havent done it in my degree either. I have read a couple of text books, but it just seems like a really dry topic. I would really like to enthuse about it and bring it to life, but I just cant seem to get a handle on it myself let alone enough to teach it.
    I am sure it can be made much more interesting, but I just need some inspiration please. Can anybody point me in the right direction for interesting resources, real life scenarios, current affairs, interacrtive activities, powerpoints, worksheets, in fact anything at all that might help bring this topic to life.
    I would really appreciate any help at all. Thank you.

2. Hi I am an NQT teacher teaching Business Studies for the first time. I am teaching Operations Management to my AS students and am really struggling with this.
    I have never taught it before and havent done it in my degree either. I have read a couple of text books, but it just seems like a really dry topic. I would really like to enthuse about it and bring it to life, but I just cant seem to get a handle on it myself let alone enough to teach it.
    I am sure it can be made much more interesting, but I just need some inspiration please. Can anybody point me in the right direction for interesting resources, real life scenarios, current affairs, interacrtive activities, powerpoints, worksheets, in fact anything at all that might help bring this topic to life.
    I would really appreciate any help at all. Thank you.