1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with opening statement for Supply teaching

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by KELLZA, Aug 25, 2011.

1. KELLZA

KELLZA New commenter

Having not secured a position for September, i will be looking to supply untill i can find something permanent.
    I have signed up to a couple of agencies, but i am also going to write to local school direrctly.
    I'm struggling though with how to word the opening of my letter.
    Any idea's would be much appreciated. Throwing a complete blank at the moment.

2. KELLZA

KELLZA New commenter

Having not secured a position for September, i will be looking to supply untill i can find something permanent.
    I have signed up to a couple of agencies, but i am also going to write to local school direrctly.
    I'm struggling though with how to word the opening of my letter.
    Any idea's would be much appreciated. Throwing a complete blank at the moment.

3. Hi
    In cover letters I have written I usually add details about myself and love for using drama to promote writing experiences. I also add info which shows I have looked up school so if a school are developing outdoor area I would add a comment about my experience in this area. Also state I am local and would be happy to come in if they wanted to meet me so they could confidently request me if they use specific agencies. I don't know where you are but my LEA has stopped organising supply and the schools use agencies. I also attach my CV.
    Hope that helps, Good Luck! [​IMG]

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Having in the past tried writing to schools, I personally go for the personal touch and try visiting.