1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with memorising folio sentences?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Larsy, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Larsy

Larsy New commenter

I have a nice couple of classes, one is a 4th year bottom set & the other is a 3rd year mixed ability set. We did an evaluation about the work of the class & quite a few pupils under the question "What can your teacher do to help you improve in the subject?" put that they would welcome help in memorising sentences & structure for folio pieces.
    Does anyone have any good techniques for remembering such things? I have always had a good memory but my technique of reading over it until I "get it" doesn't work for my pupils.
    Any helpful ideas would be useful, I have even started reading Derren Brown books for advice however some of his techniques are more complicated than what I would like them to memorise! [​IMG]

2. mlapworth

mlapworth Occasional commenter

If your school had TaskMagic3 you could get them to engage with the text via gap-filling, text-reconstruction, sequencing, space insertion, inserting the vowels, inserting blocks of missing text, find the meaning and comprehension exercises.
    See http://www.mdlsoft.co.uk/mixandgap.htm

3. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter