1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help with Matchware Mediator 8

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by dagza, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Hello,
    I have a student using Mediator 8 for the OCR Nationals unit.
    When he right clicks on a button and chooses events it only shows him 3 tabs (standard, programming and user
    I

2. Ignore above!

Hello,
    I have a student using Mediator 8 for the OCR Nationals unit.
    When he right clicks on a button and chooses events it only shows him 3 tabs (standard, programming and user I think)
    How do I get back the tabs he has somehow managed to close down? We tried loading the project on my machine / account and the problem still exists. When I create a new project on my machine the tabs are complete so the problem appears to be embedded in his project file and not a problem with the installation.
    Cheers
    Darren

3. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

Is this down to the *type* of project he has set up in the first instance? With an HTML project he will have limited functionality compared to a flash project which has less than a mediator project.
    Hope that makes sense.

4. Thanks, that helps.
    I'm very new to mediator - How do I find out what type of project he has created and is there a way to change it to another type?
    Cheers

5. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

We're on version 9 and to do this you need to go to:
    Menu: 'Big M' Button --> Prepare --> Properties
    From here there is a drop down to change the document properties.
    HTH

6. Found it! Cheers. [​IMG]

7. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

Glad to help.

PS DON'T UPGRADE!!

8. I'm hoping someone out there can help, I realise this is a teaching forum however I currently teach myself OCR Applied A2 ICT.

Becasue of this my school does not have the required resorces to be able to teach so I've downloaded a trail version on Mediator 8. I've put together my Interactive Media Product and exported it as a .exe however when I exit the program it give a trial notice and says 'project files expire after 7 days'.

I'm worried that this will mean by the time I send it to the examiner that the product will not work.

Would it be possible if theres a teacher that has Mediator on their system for me to send them the file and then to export it as an exe and then send it back. Otherwise I have no idea what I can do and any suggestions are appriciated!

Many Thanks,

Marc